Delaware County Employment Services Representative
Employment Services Representative
Individual is responsible for developing working relationships with employers and networks to obtain position openings for Workforce Development (WFD) customers. Assists businesses and area employers in recruiting and retaining employees and assists job seekers with job search strategies, job development and placements as well as job retention and progression services.
- Associates Degree in Business, Education, Marketing, Human Resources or related field, Bachelor's Degree is preferred, or demonstrates two (2) years of equivalent experience and/or coursework and demonstrates knowledge of private sector businesses, human resources and community services available to employers and employees.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record.
Essential Job Functions:
- Regularly meets with area businesses to foster working relationships;
- Participates with Chamber of Commerce and business committees as required;
- Participates in rapid response activities and Ohio Means Jobs Delaware County partnerships;
- Markets and promotes employee assistance, retention and development services and solicits job leads;
- Conducts program orientations, pre-employment interviews/screenings and refers suitable applicants to area employers and businesses when appropriate;
- Evaluates job readiness and assesses barriers;
- Refers customers to other agencies or programs to assist their employment and/or training goals;
- Refers customers to other programs/services to resolve barriers to self-sufficiency;
- Assists customers with revising and improving employment plans;
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance;
- Hold as confidential, all aspects of the job;
- Coordinates job search plans and activities with job seekers;
- Monitors and follows up with cases as appropriate;
- Provides employee assistance services to ensure job retention and job progression;
- Coordinates job search activities and resources for WFD job ready customers;
- Develops and monitors internships and work experience sites with private and non-profit employers;
- Develops job leads in private sector;
- Performs typing, word processing, and related computer operations;
- Works overtime and outside of typical work schedule/business hours as required; and
- Other duties as assigned.
To submit an application through the Delaware CDJFS website, please click here.