Clark County Unit Support Worker 2
Position Title: Unit Support Worker 2
Location/Department: Job & Family Services/BenefitsPlus Division
Supervisor: Eligibility/Referral Supervisor 1
Hourly Starting Pay Rate: $13.10 + 3% increase after successful completion of probation
Pay Range: B
Classification: Full-time, Non-exempt
Date Issued: January 22, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This position is in the Bargaining Unit.
General Job Responsibilities:
This position is currently located within the BenefitsPlus Division (BP). The employee will professionally greet, assist, interview, and screen incoming agency customers. The employee will provide general information regarding agency policies and procedures or general information regarding programs. The employee will also collect needed program verifications from customers, document customer needs, explain service alternatives, and initiate referrals as assigned. Additionally, they must complete required forms, update case information in the appropriate system as needed, and scan correspondence and other materials into electronic case records. This position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced pressured environment, maintain accurate records, the ability to multi-task and remain calm and professional at all times.
- High school diploma and/or GED required.
- Employment experience in a position requiring interaction with the public.
- One year of experience in a human services related field.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Must be resourceful and able to take initiative.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to foster and work in a cooperative team environment.
- Able to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must demonstrate professionalism and an ability to get along with a variety of internal and external customers effectively.
- Must be proficient in use of Word, Excel and be able to quickly learn other computer programs as needed.
Note: Additional consideration may be given for years and types of experience and education beyond the minimum and preferred qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Unusual Working Conditions/Hazards:
For the most part, this position is clerical in nature. However, due to the nature of our Agency, the incumbent may occasionally interact with angry or hostile clients.
12 Paid Holidays, Ohio Public Employees Retirement (OPERS), Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Disability & Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Sick & Vacation Leave and Opportunities for Growth & Promotion.
Applicants interested in this position are to submit an employment application and a resume and letter of interest to the Clark County Personnel Office/Springview Government Center located at 3130 East Main St., Springfield, Ohio 45505 or fax to (937) 328-2486, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to specify skills and experience applicable to the position for which you are applying. Applications may be obtained in the Personnel Office at Springview Government Center, at CCDJFS, at OhioMeansJobs, both located on Lagonda Ave., in Springfield or online at www.clarkcountyohio.gov. Applicants needing assistance completing the application or interview, please contact the Personnel Office at 937.521.2015.
Clark County is an Equal Opportunity/ADA Compliance Employer, M/F V/H
Clark County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or military status.