Summit County Department Director, Protective Services
Summit County Children Services
Department Director, Protective Services
The Department Director supports the mission of the agency through the supervision of the services provided through the Protective Department. The incumbent directs the operations of the Protective Department to ensure the services are mission driven and in compliance with ODJFS mandates, OAC rules and agency policy/procedures. The Department Director provides supervision to department supervisors and staff, and collaborates with other agency personnel and community providers to improve service delivery.
- Supervises and instructs department supervisors for the case carrying units within the Protective Department; assigns and reviews tasks and responsibilities; trains and evaluates work performance.
Provides technical consultative assistance to staff.
- Conducts weekly meeting with department supervisors.
- Ensures case compliance with agency policies and procedures, as well as all federal, state and local requirements/regulations.
- Plans and directs departmental activities; sets department standards and goals; evaluates staff performance.
- Develops, recommends and implements programs, policies and procedures.
- Insures effective and timely implementation of ODJFS rules.
- Maintains department records and statistics; processes departmental paperwork and prepares reports as required/requested.
- Develops and coaches supervisory team; establishes and maintains consistent standards to support the agency’s mission; mentors staff regarding professional behavior and best practice management of child protection cases.
- Consults with other agency departments; coordinates services with other agencies; manages departmental contracts.
- Interfaces with clients as needed and responds to client concerns raised formally or informally.
- Conducts and/or participates in All Staff, Divisional, Director and Management Team meetings.
- Consults with Deputy Executive Director and/or Executive Director on critical decisions and unit activity; as well as personnel issues which may arise.
- Assist in the planning and development of departmental budget; works within established budget guidelines; understands and executes proper procurement procedures.
- Represents the agency in the community; serves on various community and/or State level committees as assigned.
- Serves as after-hour Administrator on Call when scheduled.
- Provides administrative oversight and conducts administrative reviews of case/placement issues and concerns.
- Participates in workgroups to complete special projects or goals assigned to the Social Services division.
- Participates in agency wide and community initiatives which support the overall mission of the agency.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Deadline is December 11, 2018. Applicants may find more information and apply here: https://jobs.summitoh.net/postings/14276