Clark County Job Developer 1
Position Title: Job Developer 1 PCN: 20202.0
Department: Job & Family Services/OhioMeansJobs
Supervisor: Eligibility/Referral Supervisor 1
Starting Pay: $15.06 +3% increase after successful completion of probation
Pay Range: D
Classification: Full-time, Classified, Non-exempt, Bargaining Unit
Date Issued: January 22, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Job Developer 1 interviews clients to determine initial and ongoing eligibility for one or more workforce development programs or services. Initiates and maintains ongoing personal contacts with a variety of business and industry representatives and job placement/training agencies to promote programs for participant placement. Researches the Internet, newspapers, agencies, and other resources for job leads. Locates jobs for clients who have successfully completed training programs. Collects data from employers related to job orders including job requirements and skills. Participates in outreach and recruitment activities by coordinating and attending job fairs. The employee conducts workshops, orientations and other group interactions for diverse populations in order to provide necessary information or skills to improve the success of our customers.
Completion of undergraduate degree with major core coursework in education, business management, human resource management or behavioral or social science; or completion of two years of technical education in behavioral or social science or other documented education, training or equivalent experience based on the position description.
- One year experience in a position providing customer service
- One year experience with workforce development, education, vocation or occupational programs
- Formal training/certification using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- One year experience in career counseling, pre-employment assessments, skills training, job readiness training and other activities related to employment transition for job-seeking candidates
- Documented experience leading workshops and/or making public presentations
- Documented experience working with adult and youth at-risk populations or individuals with disabilities
→ Note: Additional consideration may be given for years and types of experience and education beyond the minimum and preferred qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Ohio Public Employees Retirement (OPERS)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Disability & Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Sick & Vacation Leave
- Opportunities for Growth & Promotion
Applicants interested in the above named position are to submit an employment application, and a resume and a letter of interest to the Clark County Personnel Office, c/o Springview Government Center, 3130 East Main St., Springfield, Ohio 45505 or fax to (937) 328-2486 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to specify skills and experience applicable to the position. Applications may be obtained in the Clark County Personnel Office located at Springview Government Center or at CCDJFS or at OhioMeansJobs on Lagonda Ave. in Springfield or online at www.clarkcountyohio.gov. Interested CCDJFS employees need only submit a current resume and a letter of interest.
*Applicants needing accommodation for completing application or interview, please call 937.521.2015
The CCDJFS is and Equal Opportunity/ADA Compliance Employer, M/F V/H
The CCDJFS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or military status.