Clark County Visitation Specialist
Position Title: Visitation Specialist
Department: Job & Family Services/Family & Children Services
Location: Children’s Home Campus
Supervisor: Social Service Supervisor 1
Starting Pay: $13.10 + 3% increase after successful completion of probation
Pay Range: B
Classification: Full-time, Classified, Non-exempt, Bargaining Unit
Date Issued: January 22, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled. First review of applications: February 5, 2019
- Provides supervised visitation to families as determined by Social Worker 2. Works with family during visits, modeling effective parent/child interaction, based on the model adopted by Agency. May attend variety of family meetings as requested by Social Worker 2 or court hearings, etc. May make recommendation for assessment and evaluation of family interactions when concerns arise, in accordance with Agency guidelines.
- Must have ability to interact effectively, courteously and professionally with children, family members, other agencies, providers, management and the general public. May arrange for transportation for children, their parents and/or others to visitation center. Must have general computer skills and effective writing/documentation skills. May be required to testify at court hearings. Completes necessary paperwork including reports or forms to document services provided and other correspondence as assigned. Light cleaning is also required. Carry out other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or administration
- This position requires the applicant to be available to work the following shifts: Monday – Thursday until 8 p.m. and Saturday mornings 9-1. May be requested to fill-in for other shifts, if available.
- Applicant will be expected to: pass parenting assessment certification during probationary period; learn how to integrate behavior modification techniques during interactions and become familiar with and work within applicable laws, regulations and rules governing foster care processes and child protective services generally.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required; minimum of one (1) year experience working with a diverse population of children and families
- Successful completion of at least 2 courses in human services field (social work, sociology, psychology, criminal justice, child development)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Familiarity with the visitation process and/or laws that govern child protective services work
- Competent with computer and technology
- Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Experience problem solving, managing change, and conflict resolution
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Ohio Public Employees Retirement (OPERS)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Disability & Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Sick & Vacation Leave
- Opportunities for Growth & Promotion
Applicants interested in the above named position are to submit an employment application, and a resume and a letter of interest to the Clark County Personnel Office, c/o Springview Government Center, 3130 East Main St., Springfield, Ohio 45505 or fax to (937) 328-2486 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to specify skills and experience applicable to the position. Applications may be obtained in the Clark County Personnel Office located at Springview Government Center or at CCDJFS or at OhioMeansJobs on Lagonda Ave. in Springfield or online at www.clarkcountyohio.gov. Interested CCDJFS employees need only submit a current resume and a letter of interest.
*Applicants needing accommodation for completing application or interview, please call 937.521.2015
The CCDJFS is and Equal Opportunity/ADA Compliance Employer, M/F V/H
The CCDJFS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or military status.