Clark County Custodial Worker
Position Title: Custodial Worker
Location/Department: Job & Family Services of Clark County/Administration
Supervisor: Maintenance Repair Supervisor
Hourly Starting Pay Rate: $13.10 + 3% increase after successful completion of probation
Pay Range: B
Classification: Full-time • Classified • Non-exempt • Benefits
Date Issued: March 25, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled • First review of applications: April 9, 2019
This position is in the Bargaining Unit.
This position is currently located within the Administrative division. The selected employee is responsible for performing manual labor associated with cleaning, maintaining and securing Clark County Department of Job & Family Services (CCDJFS) buildings and facilities in order to provide a safe, clean environment for the public, government officials and CCDJFS employees.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Vacuums, sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes, and/or shampoos carpet and floor surfaces located in hallways, stairs, offices, restrooms, public rooms, elevators, storage rooms, and other areas; performs spot cleaning as needed.
- Cleans, dusts, and polishes furniture, equipment, artwork, fixtures, walls, wood paneling, window sills, trim, doors, desks, counter tops, cabinets, vents, and/or other surfaces; cleans telephones and office equipment/supplies.
- Cleans, deodorizes and disinfects bathrooms; cleans mirrors; replenishes soap and paper products.
- Cleans and disinfects water fountains, telephones, door handles, hand railings, or other surfaces.
- Washes/cleans windows and blinds.
- Empties trash containers and recycling containers; replaces trash liners in containers; picks up and disposes of trash from floor/ground areas; separates recyclable materials from trash; carries/transports trash to dumpster or other designated trash receptacle; cleans trash/recycling containers.
- Performs general building maintenance tasks, such as unclogging toilets, replacing light bulbs and ballasts, tightening fixtures, and other tasks as assigned.
- Maintains building/equipment efficiency and security; turns off lights, copiers, calculators, heat switches, air conditioners, appliances, and/or other office equipment at end of work periods; unlocks/locks doors; disarms/re-sets security alarm system; observes, fixes and/or reports safety/security issues.
- Operates/utilizes various equipment, tools and supplies which may include a vacuum cleaner, carpet cleaner, buffing machine, mop, broom, cleaning supplies, alarm system, ladder, or light carpentry tools.
- Utilizes precautionary safety equipment and monitors work environment to ensure safety of employees and other individuals.
- Performs general maintenance tasks necessary to keep custodial machinery, equipment, and tools in operable condition; monitors equipment operations to maintain efficiency and safety; and reports faulty equipment.
- Assists in monitoring inventory levels of equipment, tools, or supplies; stocks custodial closets as needed; initiates requests for new or replacement materials.
- Prepares or completes various forms, reports, time sheets, vacation requests, or other documents; records special projects and supplies used in assigned buildings; labels all chemicals per MSDS.
Receives various forms, reports, correspondence, manuals, reference materials, or other documentation; reviews, completes, processes, forwards or retains as appropriate.
- Communicates with supervisor, employees, other departments, the public, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- The employee will work a varying shift schedule, dependent upon day of week and agency need, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Candidate must have knowledge of custodial safety practices and operation of cleaning equipment.
- Candidate must meet physical requirements listed under working conditions.
- Must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s license and proof of required insurance.
- One year related experience.
- Additional training with the proper handling and use of hazardous chemicals.
12 Paid Holidays • Ohio Public Employees Retirement (OPERS) • Health • Dental and Vision Insurance; •
Disability & Life Insurance • Tuition Reimbursement • Sick and Vacation Leave
Applicants interested in the above-named position are to submit an employment application and a
resume and a letter of interest to the Clark County Personnel Office located at Springview Government Center, 3130 E. Main St., Springfield, OH 45505 or fax to (937) 328-2486, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to specify skills and experience applicable to the position for which you are applying. Applicants needing accommodation in completing this application or interviewing, please contact the County Personnel Office at (937) 521-2015. Applications may be obtained at Springview Government Center or online at www.clarkcountyohio.gov or at CCDJFS located on Lagonda Ave., in Springfield. Current CCDJFS applicants need only provide a resume and letter of interest.
CCDJFS is and Equal Opportunity/ADA Compliance Employer, M/F V/H
CCDJFS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or military status.