Clark County Social Service Worker 2
Clark CDJFS/Family & Children Services
Position Title: Social Service Worker 2
Location: Clark Department Job & Family Services/Family & Children Services
Supervisor: Social Service Supervisor 1
Hourly Starting Pay Rate: $17.03
Pay Range: E
Classification: Full-time, Classified, Non-exempt
Date Issued: March 7, 2018
Application Deadline: March 22, 2018, at 4:30 p.m.
This position is in the Bargaining Unit.
In the Family & Children Services Division, conducts interviews (typically in customer's residence or places outside of the normal office setting) with families and children who are in need of guidance or evaluation; prepares assessments; devises treatment plans, prepares social histories; determines eligibility for services, transportation and other related services; periodically appraises treatment plan and home situation to determine appropriateness of services; completes necessary paperwork. Completes family assessments, maintains necessary case records, data, and supportive materials; prepares and compiles social and medical histories, court documents, and referrals. The incumbent must meet procedural deadlines governing the management of social services cases set by the State of Ohio, the Agency and other administrative bodies and ensures that the documentation is complete and accurate. The successful applicant will establish and maintain positive working relationships with community agencies. The incumbent is required to interact with the court system, make court appearances when necessary; attend and possibly present at conferences, and workshops. The incumbent will be required to transport customers when needed.
- Per Section 5153.112 of the Ohio Revised Code, applicants of a Public Children Services unit must have one of the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in human services-related studies, or
- A bachelor’s degree in any field and have been employed for at least two years in a human services occupation, or
- An associate’s degree in human services-related studies, or
- Been employed for at least five years in a human service-related occupation.
For employment to continue, a person described in Option 3 or 4 above must obtain a job-related bachelor’s degree no later than five years after the date employment with the agency commences.
- The incumbent must possess a valid driver's license, required insurance, and maintain a safe and reliable vehicle that may be used in transporting clients of CCDJFS.
- This position requires the incumbent to access non-ADA compliant homes or facilities.
- Able to work in a variety of computer programs.
- Knowledge of writing and reviewing goals and writing case notes.
- Previous experience working with children and families in a human services related field.
- Knowledge of basic interviewing skills.
- Experience working with team decision making.
- Experience problem solving, managing change, and conflict resolution.
- Effective organization skills with the ability to prioritize and complete work in a timely manner.
Note: Additional consideration may be given for years and types of experience and education beyond the minimum and preferred qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
UNUSUAL WORKING CONDITIONS/HAZARDS:
Applicant must have the physical and visual ability to enter homes and facilities that may not be ADA accessible. This position involves regular exposure to environmental factors (i.e. cold, excessive heat, noise, fumes, vibration, dirt) during interviews and meetings conducted outside of the office. The position may involve lifting or carrying children, carrying and installing child car seats and exposure to contagious diseases. No heavy labor is involved; however, risk of injury stems from going in and out of conditions that may or may not be safe. The incumbent may occasionally interact with angry or hostile clients.
12 Paid Holidays, Ohio Public Employees Retirement (OPERS), Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Disability & Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Sick and Vacation Leave, and Opportunities for growth and promotion.
Applicants interested in the above named position are to submit an employment application, resume and letter of interest to Springview Government Center, c/o Clark County Personnel Office, 3130 East Main St., Springfield, Ohio 45505, fax to (937) 328-2486, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants not submitting the required documents will not be considered. Please be sure to specify skills and experience applicable to the position for which you are applying. Interested CCDJFS employees must submit a current resume and a letter of interest. Applications may be obtained in the Personnel office or online at Click Here
Applicants needing accommodation for completing application or interview, please call 937.521.2015.
CCDJFS is and Equal Opportunity/ADA Compliance Employer, M/F V/H
CCDJFS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or military status