Stark County Supervisor, Children Services Fiscal Support
Supervises Account Clerks assigned to the Children Services Payment Processing unit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Monitors the collection and disbursement of monies received for adoptions, grants, Social Security, Veterans, and Child Support for children in the Agency's custody.
- Prepares, implements and maintains audit procedures.
- Prepares and/or directs preparation of state, county and agency reports regarding monies received and disbursed.
- Ensures verification of eligibility for payment of medical bills.
- Maintains, collects and analyzes data and statistics for reports, makes recommendations to agency supervisors and/or administrators.
- Assigns and reviews work, determines staffing and training needs.
- Develops and coaches employees, ensures employee adherence to agency policies/procedures.
- Monitors and evaluates performance, initiates discipline.
- Administers and adjusts employee grievances and/or complaints following agency policies and the labor management agreement.
- Makes recommendations for hire.
- Assists in development of agency policies and procedures affecting unit activities.
Supervises Children Services Payment Processing Unit employees as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting, Finance or other related degree from an accredited college or university or five (5) years finance/accounting experience.
Certificates or Licenses:
Must possess a valid State of Ohio driver’s license at all times. Must possess auto insurance in accordance with ORC 4509.51 at all times.
Computer Expertise Required/Equipment Operated:
Must have knowledge Microsoft Office programs, database software; accounting software.
Computer, printer, typewriter, copy machine, fax machine, telephone, and other general office equipment.
To apply, please access the agency’s website at www.starkjfs.org. An online application can be found under the Careers link. Applicants have the ability to upload a letter of interest and current resume.
Stark CDJFS is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based upon sex, race, creed, color, age, national origin or disability. Applicants may request reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process.
NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED