Clark County Clerical Specialist 4
Position Title: Clerical Specialist 4
Location/Department: Job & Family Services/Child Support
Supervisor: CSEA Attorney Supervisor
Hourly Starting Pay Rate: $14.09 + 3% increase after completion of probation; Pay Range C
Classification: Full-time • Classified • Non-Exempt • Bargaining
Date Issued: November 7, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
First review of applications will begin on November 22, 2019
The primary purpose of the Clerical Specialist 4 position is to provide administrative and clerical support in the Child Support Enforcement division. The employee performs administrative and clerical tasks in an accurate and timely manner. The employee provides support to the staff by tracking, processing and administering cases in different areas of the Child Support division. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Preparing motions, entries, and other legal documents for filing with local courts;
- Preparing form documents and temporary files for Administrative Hearing Officer;
- Coordinating, recording, and maintaining hearing schedules and results on all appropriate computer systems;
- Organizing and maintaining accurate and complete files for cases which include a wide variety of
documents that are processed through the department on paper and electronically;
- Effectively and efficiently utilizing multiple computer programs/systems for all facets of the administrative process.
- Typing, handling mail, copying, scanning, faxing, answering / screening phone inquiries, and running errands.
- The employee regularly interacts with and provides support to other Child Support Enforcement division employees and customers, which includes:
- Communicating and working with case management staff and legal department regarding referrals, location and service of process for case parties, case status, and other matters,
- Updating and maintaining accurate agency and state records,
- Assisting with incoming customer inquiries about the legal process, and
- Cross-training and providing coverage for other Clerical Specialists.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Twelve months experience as a Clerical Specialist 3, or similar position requiring the use of Microsoft Office Suite, or completion of two years of technical training in office administration/secretarial science, or formal education in arithmetic that includes addition and subtraction, and reading and writing common English vocabulary.
- One year experience in a legal office environment in an administrative support role
- Previous training and/or experience in a human services related field
- One year in a position providing direct customer service to individuals from diverse backgrounds
- One year experience with data management programs such as Excel, Access, or other system
Note: Additional consideration may be given for years and types of experience and education beyond the minimum and preferred qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Applicants interested in the above named position are to submit an employment application, and a resume and a letter of interest to the Clark County Personnel Office, c/o Springview Government Center, 3130 E. Main St., Springfield, Ohio 45505 or fax to (937) 328-2486 or email to email@example.com. Please be sure to specify skills and experience applicable to the position. All three documents must be submitted. Applications may be obtained in the Clark County Personnel Office located at Springview Government Center or at CCDJFS or at OhioMeansJobs or online at www.clarkcountyohio.gov. Current CCDJFS employees need only submit a current resume and a letter of interest.
*Applicants needing accommodations for completing an application or interviewing,
please contact the Personnel Office at 937.521.2015.
CCDJFS is and Equal Opportunity/ADA Compliance Employer, M/F V/H
CCDJFS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or military status.