Clark County Custodial Worker
Position Title: Custodial Worker
Location/Department: Job & Family Services of Clark County/Administration
Supervisor: Maintenance Repair Supervisor
Hourly Starting Pay Rate: $13.40 + 3% increase after successful completion of probation
Pay Range: B
Classification: Full-time • Classified • Non-exempt • Benefits
Date Issued: February 28, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled • First review of applications: March 13, 2020
This position is in the Bargaining Unit.
This position is currently located within the Administrative division. The selected employee is responsible for performing manual labor associated with cleaning, maintaining and securing Clark County Department of Job & Family Services (CCDJFS) buildings and facilities in order to provide a safe, clean environment for the public, government officials and CCDJFS employees.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Vacuums, sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes, and/or shampoos carpet and floor surfaces located in hallways, stairs, offices, restrooms, public rooms, elevators, storage rooms, and other areas; performs spot cleaning as needed.
- Cleans, dusts, and polishes furniture, equipment, artwork, fixtures, walls, wood paneling, window sills, trim, doors, desks, counter tops, cabinets, vents, and/or other surfaces; cleans telephones and office equipment/supplies.
- Cleans, deodorizes and disinfects bathrooms; cleans mirrors; replenishes soap and paper products.
- Cleans and disinfects water fountains, telephones, door handles, hand railings, or other surfaces.
- Washes/cleans windows and blinds.
- Empties trash containers and recycling containers; replaces trash liners in containers; picks up and disposes of trash from floor/ground areas; separates recyclable materials from trash; carries/transports trash to dumpster or other designated trash receptacle; cleans trash/recycling containers.
- Performs general building maintenance tasks, such as unclogging toilets, replacing light bulbs and ballasts, tightening fixtures, and other tasks as assigned.
- Maintains building/equipment efficiency and security; turns off lights, copiers, calculators, heat switches, air conditioners, appliances, and/or other office equipment at end of work periods; unlocks/locks doors; disarms/re-sets security alarm system; observes, fixes and/or reports safety/security issues.
Applicants interested in the above-named position are to submit an employment application and a resume and a letter of interest to the Clark County Personnel Office located at Springview Government Center, 3130 E. Main St., Springfield, OH 45505 or fax to (937) 328-2486, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to specify skills and experience applicable to the position for which you are applying. Applicants needing accommodation in completing this application or interviewing, please contact the County Personnel Office at (937) 521-2015. Applications may be obtained at Springview Government Center or online at www.clarkcountyohio.gov or at CCDJFS located on Lagonda Ave., in Springfield. Current CCDJFS applicants need only provide a resume and letter of interest.