Clark County Social Service Worker 2
Position Title: Social Service Worker 2
Location/Department: Job & Family Services of Clark County/ Family & Children Services
Supervisor: Social Service Supervisor 1
Hourly Starting Pay Rate: $17.77 + 3% increase after successful completion of probation
Pay Range: E
Classification: Full-time • Classified • Non-exempt • Clark County Benefits
Date Issued: March 5, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled. First review of applications will begin on March 19, 2020.
This position is in the Bargaining Unit.
In the Family & Children Services division, conducts interviews (typically in customer's residence or places outside of the normal office setting) with families and children who are in need of guidance or evaluation; prepares assessments; devises treatment plans, prepares social histories; determines eligibility for services, transportation and other related services; periodically appraises treatment plan and home situation to determine appropriateness of services; completes necessary paperwork. Completes family assessments, maintains necessary case records, data, and supportive materials; prepares and compiles social and medical histories, court documents, and referrals in accordance with procedural deadlines governing the management of social services cases set by the State of Ohio, the Agency and other administrative bodies and ensures that the documentation is complete and accurate. Appears in court when necessary; attend and possibly present at conferences, and workshops. Transports customers when needed.
- Per Section 5153.112 of the Ohio Revised Code, applicants of a Public Children Services unit must have one of the following:
1. A bachelor’s degree in human services-related studies, or
2. A bachelor’s degree in any field and have been employed for at least two years in a human services occupation, or
3. An associate’s degree in human services-related studies, or
4. Been employed for at least five years in a human service-related occupation.
For employment to continue, a person described in Option 3 or 4 above must obtain a job-related bachelor’s degree no later than five years after the date employment with the agency commences.
- The incumbent must possess a valid driver's license, required insurance, and maintain a safe and reliable vehicle that may be used in transporting clients of CCDJFS.
- This position requires the incumbent to access non-ADA compliant homes or facilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a variety of computer programs
- Knowledge of writing and reviewing goals and writing case notes.
- Previous experience in working with children and families in human services related field.
- Knowledge of basic interviewing skills.
Note: Additional consideration may be given for years and types of experience and education beyond the minimum and preferred qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
12 Paid Holidays; Ohio Public Employees Retirement (OPERS); Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Tuition Reimbursement; Sick & Vacation Leave
Interested applicants are to submit an employment application and a resume and a letter of interest to the Clark County Personnel Office located at Springview Government Center, 3130 E. Main St., Springfield, OH 45505 or fax to (937) 328-2486, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to specify skills and experience applicable to the position for which you are applying. Applicants needing accommodation in completing this application or interviewing, please contact the County Personnel Office at 937.521.2015. Applications may be obtained at Springview Government Center or online at www.clarkcountyohio.gov or at CCDJFS located on Lagonda Ave., in Springfield. Current CCDJFS applicants need only provide a resume and letter of interest.
CCDJFS is and Equal Opportunity/ADA Compliance Employer, M/F V/H
CCDJFS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or military status