Champaign County Social Services Worker 2
Champaign County is seeking an experienced caseworker who is passionate, empathetic, non-judgmental, and organized to join our team.
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related human services field. Master’s degree preferred. Previous child protective service experience and/or completed CORE training.
Social Services Worker II, Pay Range 6 - $17.91 to $22.45 per hour based on experience
Primary duties include receiving, documenting, and screening allegations of child abuse/neglect. When needed, individual may provide a wide range of casework services to children and families. These duties may include any or combination of any of the following:
- Investigation and/or assessment of child abuse/neglect referrals;
- Maintenance of a caseload of families/children who require protective assistance;
- Provision of adoption and post adoption services to children and families.
Additional duties required based on functional job description including receiving and documenting allegations of child abuse/neglect and sharing with team mates in 24/7 on-call rotation (with associated on call stipend).
FRINGE BENEFITS FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Modified flex work hours
- Health Insurance paid at 80%
- Employee paid dental and vision
- Paid sick leave (if leave available)
- Paid vacation (after 1 year of service) or after accumulated if applicant has prior countable service
- Deferred compensation plans available
EMPLOYEE PERKS/ORGANIZATIONAL INNOVATIONS INCLUDE:
- IT resources (iPhone, iPad/Surface, Speak Write)
- Work from home opportunities
- Alternative 4-10 hour work day options after successful completion of probationary period
- Guaranteed overtime pay (or comp time accrual) for in field on call responses
- On site workout room
Anyone interested in this position should visit www.champaigndjfs.org/news and follow application packet instructions. The position will remain open until filled. The offer of employment is subject to background investigation including, but is not limited to, prior or current employment, criminal background checks, fingerprinting, and Child Welfare history checks.
Angie Robeson - Human Resource Officer
Champaign County Department of Job and Family Services
1512 S. US Highway 68, Suite N100
Urbana, OH 43078
Fax: 937-484-1506 or Email: Angela.Robeson@jfs.ohio.gov