Allen County Public Benefits Specialist
The Public Benefits Specialist position at Allen County Job and Family Services gives you an opportunity to empower individuals in our community to overcome personal crises, which will aid in their overall long- term success and happiness. We provide services such as food, cash and medical assistance, publicly funded child care, adult protection, supportive services, and employment assistance. You will interact with clients first-hand, face-to-face, or via telephone. This is a full-time employment opportunity that provides an excellent work/life balance.
Make a difference and impact the lives of families and individuals within the community. Join us at Allen County Job and Family Services and make a change you can be proud of. Start your career today!
Allen County Job and Family Services, with support of regional employers, economic development and community partners, is committed to building a stronger community by promoting self-sufficiency.
We are dedicated to assisting Allen County families and individuals achieve their highest level of stability and independence through career development and supportive services.
About The Role:
- Interviews clients and processes cases to determine initial eligibility for assistance programs, Medical programs, Food Assistance, and Cash Assistance
- Maintains accurate records
- Processes interactive interviews with clients to re-determine ongoing eligibility for assistance programs, related Medical programs, Food Assistance, and Cash Assistance
- Responsible for the assistance program, related Medical programs, Food Assistance, and Cash Assistance caseload, telephone calls, and client interviews
- Refers clients to other agency units when appropriate
- Completes all forms necessary for maintaining assistance programs, related Medical programs, Food Assistance, and Cash Assistance cases
- Completes necessary paperwork for computer matches, desk review, etc.
- Computes overpayment/over-issuance and completes forms
- Accesses online manuals for current rules and regulations
- Prepares cases for County Conferences/State Hearings and acts as an agency representative
- Attends meetings, conferences, training sessions, etc. as necessary
- Other duties as assigned (e.g. special assignments for supervisor, completes daily planner, filing, etc.)
Salary and Benefits:
- $18.75-$20.50 per hour
- Monday - Friday (37.5 hours per week) 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- 12 paid holidays
- Vacation time
- State retirement system
- Work/Life Balance
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Work 7.5 hours a day PLUS PAID LUNCH
- $0.50 pay increase with Associate Degree
- $1.00 pay increase with Bachelor's Degree
- Must have a passion for helping others
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree in related fields preferred (business management, business administration, human services, social services, etc.)
- Must have the ability to problem-solve and not be intimidated by challenges
- Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of the position
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree in a related field preferred
To learn more about Allen County Job and Family Services, please visit our website at www.acjfs.org.
Watch this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aguenKEHjU
Please complete the online application located at https://omjallen.com/redirect-to-job/?referenceNumber=239143053.